Sunday 20 November 2011

Quiz: Winter is a good time for music

Figure out the song and artist in today's winter montage:

In the wintertime when all the leaves are brown and the wind blows. It's been a long time that I'm waiting. Been a long time that I'm blown been a long time that I've wandered.

All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey. I’ve been for a walk on a winter’s day.Hang on to your hopes, my friend. That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away simply pretend that you can build them again.

I never know what time of year it is living on top of the fire but the robin outside has to hunt and hide in the cold frosty shire. Spread your tiny wings and fly away and take the snow back with you where it came from on that day.

The evening had turned to rain. Watch the water roll down the drain as we followed him down to the station and though he never would wave goodbye you could see it written in his eyes as the train rolled out of sight, bye-bye.

It's coming on Christmas; they're cutting down trees. They're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace. I wish I had a river I could skate away on. Was it love or fear of the cold that led us through the night? For every kiss your beauty trumped my doubt. 

Keep warm and let me know if you can sort this one out! What is the song? Who is the artist?
Davo-rama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A perfect day to sit before the fire on this freezing cold Sunday and do your Winter Montage quiz!

Winter Time (Steve Miller Band)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
California Dreamin (The Mamas and The Papas)
Hazy Shade of Winter (Simon and Garfunkel)
Me and My Woman (Roy Harper)
Snowbird (Ann Murray)
Life in a Northern Town (The Dream Academy )
I Wish I Had a River (Joni Mitchell)
Winter Winds (Mumford and Sons)

Davo-rama Music said...

Excellent! Well Done. It is nice to dust off a few oldies also. I was recently watching the great version of 'Hazy Shade of Winter' performed by the Bangles when they were on 'Saturday Night Live'. That is what actually sparked the theme for this quiz. (Of course it was written by the one and only Rhymin' Paul Simon)

I had not listened to 'Life in a Northern Town" for quite a while and realized how much I enjoy it.

Hope this gives you some ideas of tunes and artists to check out over the winter!

Thanks for working it out and stay tuned for the next quiz. Maybe I will do one sooner rather than later.

Davo-rama